bidstandrews Bid St Andrews
Reporting to: Chairman of the Board
Salary: Dependant on experience
To support the businesses of St Andrews Business Improvement District (BID) and achieve the delivery of the objectives as stated in the business plan. This will be done by liaising with and developing strong relationships with businesses, agencies, the police and the local councils, interpreting ideas into practical deliverable actions, coordinating activity, project management and communication across all levels of stakeholders. This will be a broad ranging role requiring a proactive individual with strong commercial acumen. The ideal candidate will bring experience of working within a multiple stakeholder environment, encompassing retail, property and central and local government.
- Work closely with the BID Chair and Board and represent the BID in a professional and exemplary manner at all times;
- Develop strong working relationships with businesses, partner organisations, agencies, public and voluntary sectors, resident groups and stakeholders across the area with whom the BID relies for the successful delivery of its business plan;
- Communicate effectively with businesses, agencies and local authorities to gain support and commitment to the delivery of the BID business plan;
- To lead on setting the strategy for St Andrews BID for its second term and lead the BID through renewal for a second term 2020-2025;
- To ensure the effective management of the BID Company including employment, contracts, health & safety and project management;
- To ensure the effective management of the BID Company finances specifically liaising with the company accountant, managing the BID book keeping company and reporting monthly management accounts to the Board;
- Work closely with the BID Operations Manager to develop key project strategy.
- Working with the BID team, produce yearly timetable scheduling events in the BID Business Plan;
- Working with the BID team, produce detailed proposals for each event (timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets);
- Develop and monitor the KPIs relevant to the Business Plan initiatives;
- Continue to seek further funding through private sector involvement and contributions;
- Design and develop the BID opt-in strategy.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Educated to degree level, or an equivalent professional or vocational qualification. Relevant experience will also be considered.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Previous multi-functional, operational experience
- A result orientated, high achiever with demonstrable success in the private sector
- An awareness, understanding, knowledge and experience of the key issues and dynamics affecting the tourism, retail, leisure, public and other sectors that have an interest in the BID area
- Experience of dealing with the media and press
- Proven experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Ability to effectively present a business case to key stakeholders
- Ability to use the variety of Microsoft Office based applications
- Experience of financial management
- Experience of budget management
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities
- Qualification in town centre management, marketing or tourism
- Experience in marketing, event management or brand management, and have dealt with creative, design & marketing agencies
- Having a working knowledge of company and financial legislation in relation to companies limited by guarantee
- Working knowledge of local government processes
- Knowledge & passion for St Andrews
Listing Expiry – 31st August however early applications are encouraged.