BID is keen to communicate with, and hear feedback from levy-payers. We have now set up a number of ways for you to contact BID directly:
• To make a personal appointment with Rhonda McCrimmon, the BID Manager, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you would rather email any feedback, suggestions or complaints please use the email address above
• We encourage levy-payers to read, share news from and interact with our Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/BIDStAndrews/ – and Twitter account – https://twitter.com/BIDStAndrews
• You can write to us at BID St Andrews, c/o Rhonda McCrimmon, Thorntons LLP, Kinburn Castle, St Andrews, KY16 9DR
For more detailed information on our projects, please contact Rhonda who will be happy to talk to you.
BID St Andrews have secured the following grants so far in 2017:
- EventScotland funding – St Andrews Photography Festival – £5500
- Fife Strategic Events – St Andrews Photography Festival – up to £5000
- The Community Trust – Clean and Green Project – £4500
- Fife Council – Winter Lights Project – £8000 (to be confirmed)
Further applications have been made and announcements will be made if successful.
Business Plan – Progress Report
1. Marketing & Promotion
St Andrews LIVE
• St Andrews LIVE is the new town website and social media channels.
• As part of BID St Andrews committment to marketing and promotion of St Andrews, the need for a new, innovative and well funded brand for St Andrews was identified. This brand will be the over arching theme for the BID program of events in St Andrews
• Listing on the site is free
• BID are collaborating with Tourism St Andrews who will also use the site for the Kelpie Maquettes project in 2017.
• To list your event, community group or business on St Andrews LIVE please go to: www.standrewslive.com
St Andrews Photography Festival
• St Andrews Photography Festival will run 1-30 September 2017.
• The Festival will continue to celebrate the town’s links to the development of photography as well as showcase contemporary talent.
• Local businesses will host small-scale exhibitions with some businesses choosing to extend their exhibitions, continuing to benefit from increased footfall
• A new Open Photography Competition has been launched with a £500 cash prize and an exhibition of the winners work.
• A new website for 2017 has been launched – www.standrewsphotographyfestival.com
• We can confirm that BID St Andrews will head up the Winter lights project for 2017 with funding from BID, Fife Council and other fundraising activities.
• A ‘Hidden Markets’ concept is currently in development with more information to follow.
A Touch of Burns
• This range of events was well received bringing visitors from around Fife and further afield.
•In 2018, the concept will be developed further, include more events and capitalise on the success of 2017.
St Andrews Fashion Festival – STAFF
• The STAFF event in 2017 was also well received and coverage was adequate for year 1. The STAFF High School Academy was a great success with expansion plans for 2018 under way.
• We would like to engage with local businesses and are keen to engage with any who would like to be part of this festival in 2018.
• For more information on the 2017 event go to – www.standrewsfashionfestival.com
Improve parking provision and Review parking charges
• Ringo smart meter parking has now been introduced in St Andrews by Fife Council
• We are continuing to investigate the possibility of running the land train over an extended period in Summer 2017.
3. Clean & Green team
• Please go to the Clean and Green page for a comprehensive update of this project
• A scientific study of gull (and human) activity in the town centre BID area has been commissioned from the University of St Andrews’ Biology Department. You may have seen Study Researcher, Grania Smith, collecting data in the town.
• The resulting report, including a ‘hotspot’ and species map, will be instrumental in deciding what BID and its partners will do next to address the gull problem.
• With the report now received a team including members from BID, Clean and Green and the University are convening. An educational program as well as as vermin proof bin flaps are some ideas in development.
Enhanced floral displays
• BID St Andrews has planted the seeds of a five-year programme of support for the award-winning St Andrews in Bloom programme in collaboration with the Links Trust and St Andrews in Bloom. BID St Andrews are currently exploring options for our 2017 involvement with this project.
• The great news is that BID St Andrews won a Gold medal in the Beautiful Scotland BID category in 2016 for our efforts in horticulture, sustainability and community engagement. These types of award help to raise the profile of St Andrews as a high quality destination – encouraging visitors to visit the area and the town centre.
4. Amenities and digital media activities
Town Centre Wi-Fi
• Town centre Wi-Fi remains a possibility on the BID project list, however, initial findings suggest that the capital outlay for such a project would decrease the BIDs ability to achieve other commitments. This project is currently on hold.
• BID are currently discussing possible collaborative projects with the Coast and Countryside Trust as well as Fife Council
• Fife Council have agreed to the use of space in the Bruce Embankment toilet block for the Clean and Green Team and for the Ask Andrew volunteers in collaboration with Tourism St Andrews.
Online and social media promotion
• Our BID branding and website is under re-design to be launched in the next few weeks and will include minutes, a regular blog from our Manager and team.
Water bill reviews
• BID with St Andrews Environmental Network have recently carried out an investigation into water bills for levy payers. Many of our levy payers have not switched from Business Stream in recent years and may be able to make significant savings on bills.
COBALT WATER offer an easy to switch service and low prices. To find out if you could save money call John Duncan of Cobalt Water on 01292 231035 or 07921 490132. Make sure you use the voucher code “St Andrews BID” for the best deal they can offer.
For more information please contact Rhonda, email@example.com
Business skills and training
• BID with Business Gateway Fife will launch a range of free business skills training events. These FREE training events will be short 2-3 hour sessions on the last Tuesday of every month for 12 months. The training will focus on the digital development of St Andrews, if you feel you and/or your staff would benefit from free training based in the town centre, please get in touch for more information. The new BID site, launching shortly will also have a training section.
• The ‘mystery shopper’ pilot proved so popular last year that BID is bringing the initiative back some time this year. We won’t say when – that would remove the mystery!
The report is back and St Andrews rank as just below average. BID is now exploring ways to assist our town to develop sales techniques and customer service skills.
If you would like to know if your business was assessed, please contact Rhonda (firstname.lastname@example.org) who will be happy to forward your report and further discuss steps.