Business Plan – Progress Report
- Marketing & Promotion
- Clean & Green Team
- Amenities & Digital Media Activities
Marketing & Promotion
St Andrews LIVE
• St Andrews LIVE is the current town website and social media channels.
• As part of BID St Andrews commitment to marketing and promotion of St Andrews, the need for a new, innovative and well funded brand for St Andrews was identified. This brand will be the over arching theme for the BID program of events in St Andrews.
• Listing on the site is free. Please check your listing and feel free to claim your business listing. this will enable you to update your business information and add business events.
• To list your event, community group or business on St Andrews LIVE please go to: www.standrewslive.com *Note: your business may already be listed so please check and claim your listing!
St Andrews Photography Festival
• St Andrews Photography Festival will run 1-28 October 2018.
• The Festival will continue to celebrate the town’s links to the development of photography as well as showcase contemporary talent.
• Local businesses will host small-scale exhibitions with some businesses choosing to extend their exhibitions, continuing to benefit from increased footfall
• The Open Photography Competition will continue in 2018 with a £500 cash prize and an exhibition of the winners work.
• We can confirm that BID St Andrews will head up the Winter lights project for 2017 with funding from BID, Fife Council and other fundraising activities.
St Andrews Fashion Festival – STAFF
The next St Andrews Fashion Festival will take place on Saturday 3rd March 2018 with a whole new look. The focus has shifted this year and will include a Fashion Trail across our retailers with participating businesses included in our Marketing and PR campaign.
Businesses who also choose to give a prize will be included in our Kingdom FM radio campaign designed to increase footfall and encourage new visitors into your business.
This event is not limited to clothes – Fashion covers all aspects of retail so use your imagination!
Improve parking provision and Review parking charges
- Ringo smart meter parking has now been introduced in St Andrews by Fife Council
- BID continue to lobby Fife Council regarding parking provision in St Andrews
• We are pleased to announce the return of the Land Train in April to July 2018. A great activity for all ages!
Clean & Green Team
Please go to the Clean and Green page for a comprehensive update of this project
A scientific study of gull (and human) activity in the town centre BID area has been commissioned from the University of St Andrews’ Biology Department. You may have seen Study Researcher, Grania Smith, collecting data in the town.
The resulting report, including a ‘hotspot’ and species map, will be instrumental in deciding what BID and its partners will do next to address the gull problem. With the report now received a team including members from BID, Clean and Green and the University are convening.
A new project of litter bin replacement to include vermin proof flaps is now in progress with the first new bins due for installation in early 2018.
Enhanced floral displays
- BID St Andrews has planted the seeds of a five-year programme of support for the award-winning St Andrews in Bloom programme in collaboration with the Links Trust and St Andrews in Bloom.
- The great news is that BID St Andrews won a Gold medal in the Beautiful Scotland BID category in 2016 for our efforts in horticulture, sustainability and community engagement. These types of award help to raise the profile of St Andrews as a high quality destination – encouraging visitors to visit the area and the town centre.
- New planters for Market Street proved popular and will continue to be placed there in future years.
- The 2018 project is now in discussion with further investment and improvement planned.
Amenities & Digital Media Activities
Town Centre Wi-Fi
Town centre Wi-Fi remains a possibility on the BID project list, however, initial findings suggest that the capital outlay for such a project would decrease the BIDs ability to achieve other commitments to an unacceptable extent. We will continue to explore opportunities as technology changes.
BID are currently discussing possible collaborative projects with the Coast and Countryside Trust as well as Fife Council
Fife Council have agreed to the use of space in the Bruce Embankment toilet block for the Clean and Green Team and for the Ask Andrew volunteers in collaboration with Tourism St Andrews.
Online and Social Media Promotion
Our BID branding and website has been re-designed.
St Andrews LIVE is now up and running, promoting St Andrews businesses and events, aimed at increasing awareness of the towns national and international appeal.
Water bill reviews
BID with St Andrews Environmental Network have recently carried out an investigation into water bills for levy payers. Many of our levy payers have not switched from Business Stream in recent years and may be able to make significant savings on bills.
COBALT WATER offer an easy to switch service and low prices. To find out if you could save money call John Duncan of Cobalt Water on 01292 231035 or 07921 490132. Make sure you use the voucher code “St Andrews BID” for the best deal they can offer.
For more information please contact Rhonda, firstname.lastname@example.org
Business skills and training
BID with Business Gateway Fife will launch a range of free business skills training events. These FREE training events will be short 2-3 hour sessions on the last Tuesday of every month for 12 months. The training will focus on the digital development of St Andrews, if you feel you and/or your staff would benefit from free training based in the town centre, please get in touch for more information.
The report is back and St Andrews rank as just below average. BID is now exploring ways to assist our town to develop sales techniques and customer service skills.
If you would like to know if your business was assessed, please contact Rhonda (email@example.com) who will be happy to forward your report and further discuss steps.