A new Board – the first to serve the newly formed BID St Andrews – has been elected at an open evening at the Old Course Hotel.
Businesses in St Andrews who will be contributing as levy payers to the new Business Improvement District from January voted in the 10 in an election overseen by representatives of Fife Council and independently chaired by Ross Martin, CEO of the Scottish Council for Development & Industry.
The Board of 10 are …
- Lindsey Adam, Bonkers Original Gifts
- Lisa Cameron, Old Tom Morris Store
- Lisa Cathro, Zest (St Andrews) Ltd
- Richard East, Ryman Stationery
- Louise A Fraser, Fraser Gallery St Andrews
- Pat Jones, Hamilton Grand
- Alistair Lang, Thorntons Law LLP
- Archie McDiarmid, Luvians Bottleshop
- David Scott, Hams Hame Bar & Grill
- Ben Stuart, University of St Andrews
The 10 will take over from the current steering group to be operation from the official start date of the Business Improvement District from January 4th 2016.
Ken Dalton, Chair of the steering group that has overseen the BID’s development and ballot victory, gave a vote of thanks to his fellow steering group colleagues, all the nominees and the businesses who engaged in the voting process, as well as the election’s chair, Ross Martin. Ken also gave a special thank you to the efforts of Viv Collie, the BID’s co-ordinator.
The current steering group plans to meet with the new Board before Christmas to undertake a formal hand over.